Several days ago, I dropped a link to these cute templates from the current issue of Family Fun magazine. I've made felt food for the kids before, but was looking to do a quick, easy set this time around, because I'm up to my neck in unfinished projects right now. These fit the bill. I started them this afternoon, and finished them tonight.
These were constructed from felted sweaters. (Well, except for the yellow corn. You don't find a lot of bright yellow sweaters...) There were several pieces, like the garlic and onion that I didn't make, because I didn't have the right color felt. I'll be keeping an eye out at at the thrift store for a beige or white sweater.
Even if you've never sewn before, this would be an easy, easy project.
I'm putting this little set away for Christmas.
those turned out great!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you did those so quickly. That gives me hope that I can do it. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the link.
ReplyDeleteThis is my kind of felt food. The other stuff I see online, though adorable, would not get finished until my kids graduated high school. I'm totally going to try this! Thanks!
ReplyDelete