Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here are a few work in progress pics of the party stuff for V's birthday. Here is the required "birthday poster". It's sort of a tradition in my family. I started it when my nieces were little kids. They thought it was so cool to have a poster with their names on it hanging outside the house. Now it's just not a party around here without a poster.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


These are most of the contents of the goody bags. Coloring books (printed from nick jr), crayons, stick puppets (printed from nick jr, and laminated,) bubbles, play doh, candy, a thanks for coming card (printed from nick jr,) and puzzles (printed from nick jr, backed with cardstock, and laminated.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I printed the images for this banner from nick jr. Then I printed another set in reverse. Cut them out, glued them together, laminated, punched holes, added ribbon on the balloons, and strung everything on ribbon. The result is a durable, double sided, really cute garland/banner thing that will probably end up in one of the kid's room after the party.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Some Muno stuffies I made for the kids, that won't fit in the goody bags. These were my first attempt at machine applique, and they turned out pretty well. I printed the templates at nick jr.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The muno pinata is finished, but I haven't gotten a picture yet. It turned out...um...ok. lol. Let's just say my paper mache abilities are pretty limited. I've made a ton more stuff, but that's about all I've taken pictures of.

Incidentally, I noticed that they started selling actual Yo Gabba party goods about a week ago. I opted out anyway, and purchased the solid colored tableware at Party City, since we're having quite a few folks over, and the Gabba stuff would have been pretty pricey for such a large crowd. It's cute though.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun looking party! It looks like you are putting in a lot of "mommy effort" to make it special!
    Thanks for checking out ABCand123. We love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete