Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Did you hug a tree today?

Well, we didn't literally, but we did some other stuff.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We painted some egg carton bugs and caterpillars. I'll post pictures after we finish putting their legs and antennas on. L had fun mixing colors, and we ended up watching a cool video on color mixing when we came inside later. After we were finished, L did a bit of painting on paper.
We also made these adorable hand print Earths, which I found here Just For Fun: Celebrate Earth! I just used blue paper for the background, since L usually has a short attention span when it comes to painting. I was so impressed that he actually let me get paint on his hands, since that's usually a no no. They turned out so cute. We talked about recycling and keeping the Earth clean while were doing our painting.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also made another batch of t shirt bags.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This time I played around with the shape a little, rounding the corners. I think they came out better this way, and look a little more like bags, and a little less like, well, t shirts. I noticed after the fact what an eclectic assortment I ended up with. There's a VBS one from a couple of years ago, my much loved, but now very stained with baby spit up Grateful Dead shirt, and the Rush concert shirt, from the very first concert I ever went to. (My then boyfriend, now husband wanted to go see Rush. In case you were wondering...) I used one of these bags at the grocery store the other day, and it worked fine. I'm stoked to have more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment