Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So far, so good...

Day two, and although he wasn't quite as enthusiastic (because he really wanted to watch Wall-E instead,) L had another good day. His favorite part of the day was making bark and leaf rubbings with crayons. I'm sure the neighbors wondered why we were outside coloring on their trees at the crack of dawn. We also practiced figuring out how old trees are by counting their rings. I had made up a paper example, but I wish I had thought to come up with a real piece of wood. I may have to put my husband to work on that tomorrow...
We also talked about the importance of hand washing, started learning our address (too bad for L that our address is fairly long), and did a couple of other things.
At the end of "classes" L helps make a snack, and he seems to be enjoying that quite a lot. I've been guilty of keeping him out of the kitchen most of the time, because I'm always in a hurry, and he makes a mess and gets underfoot, but I'm going to try to do better.
Incidentally, I haven't had a chance to do anything crafty lately, and I'm sort of having withdrawals. I'm going to have to come up with a project I can start and finish tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You know my momma used to let me in the kitchen to "help" her when I was young.. that was some of my best memories. We used to make alot of simple stuff like pudding and sometimes cookies. She'd always let me stir for dinner or whatever she was making.. I felt like such big stuff!

    You have such a cute blog!

    And from a 911 dispatcher, thank you thank you thank you for talking about addresses.. it's never to early to get them started on that!!

    ReplyDelete