Monday, August 10, 2009

Bzzagent Review: CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain


Before I became a chapstick-and-mascara-only, messy ponytail kind of mommy, I used to be really into clothes and makeup.

These days my daily grooming standards are shall we say, somewhat more relaxed...Clean hair, body, teeth, and clothes are mandatory. Anything else is extra.

I haven't really been keeping up with the latest cosmetic products the last few years, so when BzzAgent asked if I wanted to participate in the Covergirl Outlast Lipstain campaign, I thought it would be fun to try something new. I was allowed to choose the color I wanted, so I chose Flirty Nude, thinking I'd probably get a subtle brownish pink.

When I received the product, I was amused to note how much it looks like a marker. I vaguely remember nail polish coming in a similar marker type format during my early childhood in the mid eighties.

Here were my impressions upon application:

The color was pretty, but more of a reddish color than the name would suggest.

The raspberry vanilla scent and flavor was light and pleasant, and not sickeningly sweet, as many flavored lip products are.

The application was easy.

The feel was fantastic, like not wearing anything at all. I have tried comparable products from other brands, and they either tend to feel sticky, or leave your lips very dry. This one doesn't do either.

The claim that this product is non-transferable seems to be accurate. I tried wiping it on my hand and a white piece of paper, and there was no color transfer.

I do lick my lips some, and drink a lot throughout the day, and I found the color didn't last all day, but still longer than other regular lipsticks.

On the whole, I liked this lipstick, and would have only been happier with it if the color had been a better match for me.


This product is available at places like Target, CVS, and Walgreens, for around $7. There are 10 shades available, and you can learn more about this, and other CoverGirl products at http://www.covergirl.com/


Thanks to BzzAgent for the opportunity to try this product. I was furnished with a sample product to review, and coupons to hand out. No other compensation was provided.
(Yes, this really was the best picture I could come up with, after several tries. ;) Sorry. )

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I don't really wear makeup, but if I do put on lipstick, I feel all dressed up! I'd love a chance at this!
    derekannette at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete