Thursday, August 13, 2009

Win Green Detergent Review



After posting my recent review of a different sports detergent, I was contacted about reviewing Win Green Sport Detergent. Since I do more laundry than anyone I know, I was happy to oblige. I received a bottle of Win Green and a press kit to review.


Win Detergent is the official detergent of the U.S. Olympic team. It is formulated to eliminate the funky smells caused by bacteria trapped in workout clothes.


In the interest of honesty, I should say that I do not work out regularly, or indeed at all lately. I do not own lots of stinky, high dollar athletic clothes to test the detergent out on.


What I do have is lots of dirty clothes in general, and specifically the stinkiest laundry ever, cloth diapers. I tried the detergent out on our regular laundry, and was satisfied with the resulting clean look and smell. Win green is fragrance free, and so were my clean clothes.
I also tried it out on our cloth diapers, and I have to say that they smelled better than usual when they came out of the dryer. Specifically, they didn't smell like anything. There was no lingering ammonia smell, which is sometimes a problem with other detergents. Some of the diapers we use are made of fleece and microfiber, like many workout clothes. I feel like this represented a good test of how the detergent would work on stinky workout clothes made of similar fabrics.
Here are some product specs, as per the manufacturers:
WIN Green can be purchased at Amazon, as well as other sport specialty retailers.
It retails for $6.99 a bottle, and each bottle washes 14 loads.
It can be used in traditional and HE washing machines.
It is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, dye free, phosphate free, completely biodegradable, and the bottle is made from recycled plastic.
I give this detergent a thumbs up. It works, and it's ecofriendly.
(As usual, my standard disclosure applies. I was given one bottle of detergent to review. No cash, other freebies, or first born children exchanged hands. My opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment