Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WFMW: Fabric Storage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wish I had room for a dedicated craft room. But I don't.
Instead, I stash my stuff wherever I can, throughout our small house. I used to keep my fabric in totes, but you had to dig through all of them to find something in particular, and the totes were a storage problem too.
Here's what I do now instead:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I got an old 4 drawer file cabinet, and spray painted it, to make it less ugly. Now I "file" the fabric into the cabinet, which means if I'm looking for something, it's much easier to find. I keep patterns in the bottom drawer.

For more great WFMW tips, check out www.wearethatfamily.com

1 comment:

  1. great idea!

    My favorite part...making a file cabinet "less ugly" bc we know it's still a file cabinet...but really, they serve a wonderful purpose!

    ReplyDelete