Saturday, December 12, 2009

Burlap Christmas Stocking

I've been reading and loving all the cool things Maya*Made has been making out of burlap lately. I was specifically inspired by this post, and went digging in the fabric stash, for a coffee sack my mom had given me a while back.
I made this stocking for my husband. It suits his minimalist tastes, and he was actually impressed by it, as opposed to most of my crafting. ;)
I left the edges raw, and frayed them a little. I was able to make 5 stockings plus a few other odds and ends out of one bag, and now I'm going to have to hit mom up, to find out where she got the cool burlap coffee sack.
(Yep, I know I shoulda ironed it, but I'm trying to not sweat the small stuff. You won't be able to tell it's wrinkly, when it's full of stuff, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment