Sunday, January 17, 2010

Need a cool Valentine's Playlist?

My husband and I normally don't really make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. It's just not our deal.

In 2005, when I was pregnant with L, I must have been feeling really hormonal and mushy though, because I decided to burn my husband a mix CD of my favorite love songs. It was a hit with him, and is still one of our favorites, after all these years. Other folks riding in our cars over the years have dug it too, so I thought I'd share it, in case anyone was trying to come up with a cool, low budget gift. Some of the songs are standards, some you might not have thought of...

Into the Mystic-Van Morrision

Fade into You-Mazzy Star

Love Song-The Cure

Call on Me-Janis Joplin

Melt With You-Modern English

Yes I am-Melissa Ethridge

Keep on Loving You-Reo Speedwagon

At Last-Etta James

Stand by Me-Ben E King

Violently Happy-Bjork

Crash-Dave Matthews Band

Thank You-Tori Amos

(Incidentally, this one was originally a Led Zeppelin song, but at the time, I only had it on vinyl, and couldn't find anywhere to download it, so I used Tori's version, which is also great. Given the choice, I would have went with the original, though...)

Possession-Sarah McLachlan

All of My Love-Led Zeppelin

Time after Time-Cyndi Lauper

What are your favorite love songs?


No comments:

Post a Comment