Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Blankets for Charity




We were talking with a neighbor a while back, when she told us about the mission trips she takes with her church several times a year to Mexico. She told us how much the ladies there appreciated getting supplies for their babies and children. I told her I'd try to whip up a couple of things before the next trip, tentatively scheduled for June.
I made these granny square baby blankets out of odd leftovers of sportweight baby yarn, doubled throughout. I'm a fan of the big granny square style, because it doesn't require any stitch or row counting. (I do most of my crocheting after the kids are asleep. I tend to make quite a few mathematical errors then too...) These work up fast, too.

They're not fancy, but they're soft, and warm, and I think they turned out pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment