Sunday, May 2, 2010

DIY T Shirts for the Kids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got the bright idea a while back that the kids oughtta have some cool shirts to wear to L's party. I can't find any Pokemon clothes locally though, so I decided to make some.
(The original idea was to do some felt appliques, like the Yo Gabba Gabba ones I've posted about previously.)
The only thing is, I didn't. I never made them, and now my sewing machine is on the blink, and there isn't much time left. The shirts have been lying in the massive pile of junk on the desk for about a month.
Tonight I came up with a quicker idea. I printed out a large image of what I wanted on the shirt, and just traced it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The result is sort of a DIY punk version of what I originally had in mind. I used fabric markers, but it actually looks like I drew them with Sharpies. (I suppose you could do that too.) The kids love them though. I made baby V a Foofa shirt, in the same manner, and she put it on before I could take a picture of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this and your other Pokemon party ideas. I love the shirt and have made the pikachu one for my son's birthday party. I normally sew or applicque some clOthing for his birthday but this year I've hurt my back do I can't sit at the sewing machine for long so this was the perfect solution! Thank you very much! Jess

    ReplyDelete