Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting Started with Bugs: Butterfly Week

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At L's request, we're finishing up our ocean unit, and moving on to bugs. I really had about another week worth of material to cover, but he was adamant about moving on, so we are.

My plan is to cover bugs for a month, or maybe a little longer, if he'll stick with it. After that, we'll be officially done for the year, although I'm planning to do some Veggie Tales themed stuff over the summer, just for fun.

I scavenged through all the bookshelves in the house, and came up with a pile of books on the subject. I'll be requesting some from the library too, but this is a good start. In case you're looking for some bug themed ideas to request from the library, here are a few (lousy) pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This week we're focusing on butterflies, and specifically the Very Hungry Caterpillar. (I was lucky enough to pick up this cool puzzle at Goodwill a while back. )
I printed out the Very Hungry Caterpillar Tot Pack from 1+1+1=1, and will be looking for some other reseources. I'll post more later about what we end up doing.

1 comment:

  1. AWw this is GReat!!!
    We love all the books!!
    Have a blessing week!

    ReplyDelete