Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sarah McLachan Laws of Illusion Album Review



I've been a Sarah McLachlan fan forever. I have some ancient, scratched cds from high school that are still among my favorites.

Sara is releasing her first new studio album of all brand new material in 7 years this month. On June 15th, her new album, Laws of Illusion will be available practically everywhere. The first single is called "Loving You is Easy," and you can purchase it at Amazon or iTunes. (Did you catch her performing it on Jimmy Fallon last week? I did. It was great.)

If you've liked Sarah's previous albums, you'll like this one as well. It's pretty, mellow, reflective. Pretty much what you'd expect. I guess I'm getting old, because there aren't a lot of new bands I love. I'm always excited when one of my old favorites releases something new. Every one of Sarah McLachlan’s studio and live albums has been certified gold, platinum, or multi-platinum by the RIAA. She's nothing if not consistently good.

She's also taking the show out on the road this summer, with the return of the wildly popular Lilith Fair Festival. I didn't get to go to the previous festivals because mom wouldn't let me, and I likely won't get to go this time around for lack of child care. But you should go, because it's going to be awesome. And it's going to be everywhere.

Want to find out more about what Sarah's up to these days? You can check out her website, her FB page, or follow her on Twitter.

Thanks to the One 2 One network for providing me with the album to review. No compensation was provided, and the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment