Monday, July 12, 2010

DIY Clings for the Kids' Room

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In a continued effort to appease my son's desire for all things Pokemon, without a) permanently altering everything in the house, and b) spending much money, I've come up with another Pokemon related project. I realize it's unlikely that many other kids are as into Pokemon as he is, but this is yet another project where you can just switch up the theme to match whatever your kiddo is into.
I actually made this project before his birthday, and used them as party decorations, before moving them to his room. I started with a package of printable window clings from the office supply store, found some clip art of characters he likes, and made high quality prints in various sizes. The resulting clings stick to glass, and other smooth surfaces, like the bookshelf and entertainment system. (They don't stick to our walls, though.) The great thing is that since they aren't stickers, when we're ready to take them off, we can, without leaving any sticky residue on the furniture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is one of those projects I really like. Maximum impact for minimum effort. My son is really impressed, and I didn't actually do much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



The Girl Creative

3 comments:

  1. that is so cool. i didn't know you could buy printable window clings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is two and thanks to me and his dad he's a Pokemon addict....thus just saved me so much money

    ReplyDelete