Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Five of My Favorite Family Time Ideas

Lately we've all had a little cabin fever. It's been too hot to play outside, and there just hasn't been much to do. I've been making an effort to think of some some things for us to do together that are truly fun and easy.

Here are five of my favorite ideas:

1) Crawl into the bed together, and read, for hours if the kids will go for it. Revisit your childhood favorites with your kids. Use the silly voices that crack the kids up.

2) Make something together. This can be as simple as coloring together, or as complicated as you want to make it. When was the last time you actually played Play Doh with the kids?

3) Dust off the board games that you never have time to play. I can still remember making mom play Candy Land with me for hours when I was little. God bless her for actually doing it.

4) Play pretend with the kids. Let them make up the rules, even if they're pretty weird. My daughter loves for us to pretend we're robots. It cracks her up every time.

5) Camp out in the living room. Drag out the kiddie tent, make some s'mores in the microwave, and enjoy not having to swat mosquitoes.

What are your favorite family time ideas?
Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

2 comments: