Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I love Christmas, and I'm glad it's over


With Christmas behind us, it's time for me to put my homeschooling/crafting/blogging/reviewing hat back on.



I really enjoyed taking the month of December off from formal homeschool lessons. It allowed us more time to read Christmas books, watch Christmas movies, make decorations and cards, and just generally enjoy the season.
We'll start school again on the first, with a unit on birds.
I'm swimming in new books, some review copies, some gifts, and I'll be reviewing a number of them over the next couple of weeks. If you're looking for some new reading material, for you or the kids, I have some suggestions.
I'm also looking forward to crafting for fun again, as opposed to the last-minute-crafting-for-Christmas marathon.

Daughter, on Christmas morning. She's wearing the scarf and gloves I made her, sitting on a shirt and purse I made her, with a quilt I made in the foreground. :)


I hope you all had a meaningful Christmas with loved ones, and that you've had enough time to recover from it. ;)

A few of the 20ish people we spent Christmas with...

Here's to a new year...

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for the new year too!! And my body is ready for me to stop gobbling down Christmas cookies- although your picture does look enticing!

    ReplyDelete