Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bird Themed Sensory Bin



We're starting a unit on birds here, and I put together a little sensory bin, mainly for 2 year old V. The filler is sunflower seed bird feed. I picked up the little nest and the wooden eggs at Hobby Lobby. They had neat little birds constructed of real feathers and styrofoam, but I know my (rough) kids would break them. I settled on these little plush duck cat toys. Throughout the month, I'm going to add other things to it to maintain interest: feathers, other birds, smaller eggs, maybe some felt or pipe cleaner worms.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! I know I'm going to have to start getting creative like that very soon as my little is into everything and starting to create a problem during school time. :) Love the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also doing a Bird Unit, starting this week, for the next several weeks. My daughter is 5. This idea is so cute. Any other creative ideas?
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)

    Nicole, I'll be posting about our projects and the resources we use at the end of every week.I hope you'll stop by and check it out. My son is 5 as well. Planning on painting with feathers, making pinecone birdfeeders,checking out birds at the pet store, and cooking eggs among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea sharing for children's thanks for it if any one idea is more please share that also.

    ReplyDelete