Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory (One Week In)

I recently asked you all for some curriculum recommendations for first grade. (Thanks for the feedback, by the way.) I did some follow up research with all of the suggestions, as well as a few other companies that were on my radar.

In the end, I decided on the Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory curriculum, by Heart of Dakota. (I had actually considered their material for kindergarten, but had been too afraid to commit.) I took the plunge, and went ahead and ordered it, so we could start using it right away.

We're finishing our first week with it, and I have to say, I love it, and so far, so does L.

It requires maybe 5 minutes of prep time, which is a huge plus for me right now. The lesson plans are very complete, covering basically every subject area, (except a foreign language.) It's a Christian curriculum, with both specific Bible lessons, and also biblical tie ins to other subject areas. It takes between 1 and two hours a day to complete, which I'm really happy with. Finally, I thought the price was reasonable. The package I ordered was just under $200.

I have no complaints or negative observations about this curriculum, thus far. I'll check back in later on, and let you know how we're doing with it.

Disclosure: This review was not compensated in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment