Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Visually Organize Your Bookmarks

For years I've been bookmarking sites to go back to "later." Links to recipes, craft tutorials, and homeschooling info piled up into the thousands. Even categorized by subject, it was still hard to get my hands on the right thing at just the right time.

Enter Pinterest. After hearing people rave about how cool it was, I finally decided to check it out. Some people are using it to catalogue photos of clothing they like, wedding photo inspiration, or um, pictures of cute puppies.

I'm using it as a visual way to keep track of all my bookmarked crafting and homeschooling references. Although it's been a little tedious to "pin" hundreds of sites, I can now click on the "board" for say, "homeschool dinos," and find pictures from every site I've bookmarked in that category. It's easy enough to find just the right one, and then click through to the relevant site.

It's going to be a huge time saver.

If you happen to be on Pinterest already, and want to check out any of the nearly 900 things I've bookmarked so far, my username is 27lisa27.

At any rate, if you're a project and resource collector like I am, you should go sign up. You'll love it.

For more WFMW posts, head over to www.wearethatfamily.com.

1 comment:

  1. when i book mark, i add tags, makes it much easier to find things too. i havent started the pinterest yet, i already spend too much time on the computer.

    ReplyDelete