Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Polymer Clay Barbie Food

Polymer clay ice cream cone, for Barbie.
We recently picked up a few teeny little food shaped erasers at the party supply store, which the kids wanted to use for Pokemon and Barbie food.

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite Barbie accessories was a fully stocked refrigerator, but I haven't run across anything like that lately, so I got to thinking...

I've tinkered around with polymer clay a few times, and had some leftovers. Why not make polymer clay toy food?  I'm no sculptor, but I was able to turn out a decent ice cream cone, cupcake, and donut, fairly easily. (What can I say? I have a sweet tooth.)

By the time I got around to writing this, the donut and cupcake have disappeared into the abyss that is my daughter's room, but you get the idea...

(Sorry about the worse than usual picture. I think my trusty old camera has finally  given up the ghost. Until we get another one, I'm relying on the camera on my iPhone.)

1 comment: