Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Awana is Awesome

Several months ago we got a postcard on the front door saying that a nearby church was starting Awana program. We decided to try it out, and now that the kids have been in the program for several months, it's safe to say it's been a huge success.

The kids love it, and eagerly look forward to Wednesday evenings. L was super stoked to get his "uniform," (an Awana t shirt.) They're working hard to learn their verses so they can earn patches and stickers.

The volunteers are super sweet, and we are really impressed with the program. The kids are having fun in a safe environment, and are diving into the Bible. (I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the program also affords my husband and I an occasional child free hour to grab a cup of coffee together, an extreme rarity up to this point.)

The fees were really reasonable, a total of $70 for both kids, for the whole year. (Like most single income, homeschool families, costs are a consideration for us.)

If you're looking for something fun for the kiddos to do outside the home, I can't recommend the program enough.

Disclosure: I'm in no way connected with this organization, and am not being compensated. 

1 comment:

  1. I am an AWANA volunteer and I'm so happy that your family is involved with your local AWANA. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete