Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Going Green with Recycled Sweaters

When V was still in diapers, I made wool diaper covers for her out of felted second hand wool sweaters. As a result, I've had a tote full of random wool scraps under my bed for several years.

I'm on a new mission to declutter my house, so I decided I needed to go ahead and use 'em up. 



Inspired by projects such as this one, at This Mama Makes Stuff, I decided to make a couple of throw rugs. The kids immediately tried to take this green one that I made to go in my room, since it was so "soft and cozy," so I'm going to be making them another one to go in the play room. 



I intentionally left it sort of rustic, with raw edges, though I suppose I could have blanket stitched the edges or something. The patches are 4x8. 

This was an unbelievably simple project, but I love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment