Monday, February 20, 2012

Stash Busting Skirt Number 1

Cool psychedelic vintage fabric.
I've come to several realizations at the same time.

  1. I have too much fabric.
  2. I need some new clothes.
  3. I miss sewing.
I decided to start out with something pretty simple, a bias skirt, made with a single pattern piece. (I'm not sure if it's even still in production, but it was a Simplicity pattern, number 7090.) The fabric is considerably older than I am, but it's been in my the fabric stash for at least 10 years. I wasn't really sure what to make with it because I figured it would be hard to make the stripes line up. (I'm not really that great of a seamstress.)


Photo credit to my 3 year old.. ;)


The skirt isn't anything super fancy, but it was made out of fabric I already had, it was a quick, enjoyable project, and I had something new to wear to church this weekend. I'm thinking I'll make a few more from this pattern. I'm envisioning it with a tank top and flip flops this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment