Friday, March 2, 2012

The Weekend Update (In Which I Explain My Absence)

I know my posting here has been pretty erratic lately, sometimes two or three times a day, and then nothing for a week or more. I know ya'll aren't losing sleep about it, but I thought I'd offer a bit of an explanation.

I got what appeared to be a stomach bug at the end of November. It didn't go away. I've never been so sick, not after surgery or childbirth, or any other time. I've been to the emergency room and a couple of doctors, had some tests run, so far no answers.

On the good days, when I feel almost like a human, I make stuff, and do fun projects with the kids, and write blog posts. 

On the other days, I try to get tackle the necessities, school, and a minimum of housework. Everything else gets pushed to the side.

I've gotten behind on virtually everything, from fun crafty posts that are in my head, but not yet written, to reviews and giveaways. I have a couple of more review/giveaway posts to try to catch up on in the next week or so, after which I'll be slowing down on those for a bit. 

I'm hopeful that all of the doctor visits, and tests, and medications will eventually lead to me sort of getting my old life back. 

Until then, I'm going to post fun stuff here as I'm able to, and try not worry too much about not churning out  four or five posts a week. I do hope ya'll will stick around. 

Thanks to those of you who read, tweet, pin, enter my giveaways, and occasionally listen to me ramble. I've just realized that I've been blogging here for over three years. That's a long time. Ya'll have made it a blast.


1 comment:

  1. Hoping you get the medical stuff figured out and start feeling better soon. Blessings to you. ;0)

    ReplyDelete