Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dr Seuss Birthday Party

V celebrated her fourth birthday this past Saturday, Dr Seuss style.

Lorax wall decor, made of poster board and a plastic tablecloth.
We had a blast at her party, and everyone loved the theme. My sister took most of the pictures, since I was busy playing hostess, and she hasn't sent them to me yet, but I thought I'd share a few I had on my phone.

Book page bunting.
I'd picked up several old copies of Dr Seuss books at Goodwill, which I massacred to make decorative items. ( It totally felt wrong to chop up good books, but the decorations turned out great, and we're keeping some of them for the play room.) The above picture shows one of several buntings made out of book pages and bias tape, inspired by this post at Real Life, One Day at a Time.

Balloons!


I blew up something like 70 balloons, and hung them up all over the dining room. I thought I might pass out afterwards, but you can't beat balloons for high impact, low cost decorating.

Balloon column at our Dr Seuss party.

I made Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes, like the ones found on this post at Kara's Party Ideas. They turned out super cute, but the humidity literally melted the cotton candy into little blue puddles within about 30 minutes.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes, before the humidity took its toll.
Oh well. Can't win e'm all, right?

I'll probably follow up with a part two once my sis gets around to sharing her pics. 

V's already trying to plan next year's party...

1 comment: