Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Weekend Update

Last week our dryer started burning holes in our clothes. The dryer was actually about a 20 year old model, on loan from my brother in law. Our newish dryer bit the dust last year.
Then, the other night, in the middle of a load of wash, the washer stopped working. Argh. It goes without saying that we had a TON of laundry piled up, as well as a very full diaper pail...
We spent all day Thursday shopping for a new washer and dryer. We finally found one late that night. It was about midnight before I was able to put the first load in.
I spent all day yesterday trying to catch up on laundry. I'm almost done.
This morning a guy on the local freecycle list posted that he'd pick up any working or nonworking appliances. It's his lucky day. I have not one, but two nonworking dryers, and a nonworking washer. I'm hoping he'll come pick them up in the next day or so, since the party is next Saturday, and our back patio currently looks like an appliance cemetery.
In the meantime, both kiddos appear to be getting a cold. L keeps yelling out "Help mama, I've got booger nose!" Nice huh?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes...our dryer burned holes in our clothing for a good two months before we were able to get a new one. I lost a couple of my favorite shirts to that evil appliance!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete