Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Staycation turned Sick-cation

C is on vacation this week. We had planned a "staycation" with visits to the zoo and some other places around town, but now C and the kids are sick with a cold, so really, we've mainly hung around the house and watched movies. (Last night after the kids went to sleep, we watched Slumdog Millionaire and Role Models. Both were very good, if you don't mind lots of bad language, especially from the latter.)
I finished a small batch of tie dyeing this morning, the first I've done since V was born. I'm a little rusty, but it made me realize how much I miss being crafty on a daily basis. I'm going to try to squeeze in another batch of dyeing before C goes back to work this weekend. It's about the messiest, most time consuming craft I've ever attempted, but it's so much fun to take the rubber bands off, and see the final result. I'll post some pictures later in the week.
I've also been working on another soaker for V. She sized up in diapers recently, and now we're majorly short on covers around here. I'm using some pastel green and blue variegated yarn I bought on diaperswappers last year...purewool, I think. Very spring-y. I used to be able to crank out a soaker in a couple of days, but it's hard to get more than a few rows done at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment