Sunday, May 17, 2009

A few finished projects...

I finally got around to finishing the soaker I've been working on for baby V for months now.
I guess I shouldn't have been in any big hurry, because it turned out to be a bit too big. She's such a teeny little thing.
I used the Dandelion Dreamers pattern, which is my favorite because it's easy and fast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After church today, I dropped by Michael's to get some yarn to make a couple of baby hats to use as examples for the class I'm teaching at church next month.I made a major haul of clearance stuff. They are apparently resetting the yarn section, and had the Lion Brand wool, the Bernat Cashmere blends, and some other stuff marked down to $1. I bought a pile of the wool for various future projects, and a couple of the Cashmere ones for the baby hats.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I finished one of the hats tonight, using my favorite baby hat pattern found at Bev's Country Cottage . I tweaked it to be a little bigger, and to eliminate the holes in the joining area of each round. If anyone is interested, I can post my version.
It feels good to have finished a couple of things, although if you could see my house, you'd probably think my time would be better spent cleaning.
(Weird spacing courtesy of Blogger...)

No comments:

Post a Comment