Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This week's theme: Bugs


This week's preschool theme is bugs. Yesterday we talked about bugs a while, and then made some fingerprint bugs, along the lines of the Ed Emberley books (Note the weird placement of the eyes. L insisted that they needed eyes, even though I tried convincing him that we were looking at the bugs from overhead, and wouldn't see the eyes.). After that, we caught a few bugs to look at, and subsequently released them.


We are also following along with the rest of the (Bright Beginnings) curriculum. So far I really like it. I'm thinking I'll extend the bugs theme into next week as well, since it's such a huge topic, and to be honest, I haven't had an adequate amount of time to plan all I wanted to cover this week.


We did yesterday's lessons in the front yard, on a blanket, and it was nice, so I think I'll continue that until the heat gets too unbearable here. I'll have to remember to wear sunscreen though, I got burned yesterday.


On a side note, baby V is picking up tons of new words. Last week everything was "cool". Today's word of the day: "poop". hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment