Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cross one thing off the list.

I've been wanting to do some work around the yard, but I keep putting on my one of these days list.

One of these days
when he kids are a little older,
when i have more time and energy,
when I decide I like doing hard work in the blistering Texas heat.

Today I decided to finally start digging up a patch of the yard that I've been wanting to turn into a flower bed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The kids played while I worked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We met a few new friends along the way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After about an hour of hard work, the patch looked like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm thinking I'll need another day or two to finish digging everything up, and I'll be ready to plant some stuff.

After I was finished for the day, I let the kiddos play in the water for a bit, and then it was time to go in and take a bath.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really have to start working on my one of these days list more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment