Friday, October 23, 2009

Cleaning House

Well, I've mentioned that I haven't been feeling well, and as a result, I haven't had a great deal to post about. Not many new projects to talk about, and although we're plugging along with homeschooling, it's been fairly routine lately as well.
I haven't been totally idle, though. I've been thinking a lot lately about just how much stuff we've accumulated, particularly the kids. I recently realized that between them, they had Lego type blocks in four sizes, wooden blocks, bristle blocks, plastic blocks, as well as several other construction sets. That's only one example.
We live in a house that's just a wee bit bigger than 1000 square feet. Something's got to give.
So I've been packing things up, much to L's dismay, (he doesn't want to get rid of anything,) and either sending it to charity, or selling it. My hope is to eventually get things more manageable around here and keep it that way.
The benefits are obvious. The kids actually play better with less choices. Less stuff essentially means less stuff for me to clean. A win all around, if I can stick to it.

1 comment: