Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Upcycling: Jute covered stuff







I'm a fan of the stuff-covered-with-jute movement. I think it's pretty, and allows you to recycle glass jars and other household stuff, without necessarily looking like a project straight from the recycling bin, if you know what I mean.


I whipped these up yesterday. There's a Mason jar turned vase, a pesto jar turned tealight holder, and a giant Folger's coffee canister, which is now a container for keeping sunscreen and bugspray handy.


These are part of the extremely low budget makeover that were doing on our large, screened in back porch. I'll be posting more about it as soon as my local Hobby Lobby gets some more burlap, so I can finish. Or sooner, if I can't wait that long.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea! I really like the coffee canister. I'm always looking for places to stash things. ;)

    ReplyDelete