Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Spongebob Christmas Ornaments


Every year I buy or make the kids some Christmas ornaments that reflect whatever they're into that year. I'm starting early this year. Here are the first in what will be several sets of Shrinky Dink ornaments.



Here's the crew from  Spongebob Squarepants, a perennial favorite in our house. The images were traced from a book we had lying around. Through trial and error, I've realized that these turn out better when you use colored pencils, instead of Sharpies. L is really excited about them, and in typical fashion has started putting in requests for other characters.

These would make a pretty neat gift for someone who has an unusual interest, for which it's hard to find ornaments. Obviously if you can draw, you can freehand them, but if you're like me, it's easy enough to trace clip art, or images from a book....

(Sorry about the pictures, guys. Even by my standards, these are pretty bad. Maybe I should take  photography lesssons or something...)

2 comments:

  1. I had never thought of using Shrinky Dinks for ornaments. That's great. We could surely use some more ornaments on our Charlie Brown christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use Shrinky Dinks, and I have a whole bunch of extras from a MOPS craft last year.

    ReplyDelete