Monday, February 28, 2011

Homeschool Week in Review: Doctors & Nurses


Last week we had a light week, on account of my being out of town Tuesday and Wednesday. Our topic was doctors and nurses.

We spent a fair amount of time playing "hospital." I had picked up a pretend doctor's kit on clearance at Target a while back, along with some cheap band aids and bandages. The hats, mask, and nurse's vest came from Michael's, and the scrub top from Goodwill. We talked about what the various instruments were for, and when they might be used. My kids are lucky, neither has spent any time in the hospital since infancy, so they were unfamiliar with some things.



We relied heavily on the awesome Doctor and Nurses Preschool Pack at Homeschool Creations. Both kids enjoyed the activities in the kit, and I found the range of activities suitable for both 5 year old L, and nearly 3 year old V.



L and I worked extensively in a math workbook this week. He likes workbooks, and they're an easy plan B on weeks like this one when I'm short on time, or energy, or both.

He read me several Dr Seuss books, which I loved, and we started reading The Magician's Nephew, which is the first book in the Narnia series. Somehow in spite of being a voracious reader my entire life, I've never read that series, so I thought it would be fun to do together.

1 comment:

  1. this looks like tons of fun! My son likes to dress up (but in Star Wars outfits). I love Jolanthe's preschool packs! I've been using them for 3 yrs now!! We're using the pirates one this week!!

    ReplyDelete