Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Get Hooked Again (Book Review)

I haven't been doing much crafting the last couple of weeks, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. One exception is crocheting, which I do in the car, at the doctor's office, and in bed at night. I've been simultaneously working on several patterns from Get Hooked Again.

Get Hooked Again: Simple Steps to Crochet More Cool Stuff

I've checked and rechecked it from the library over the last couple of years, and made many, many incarnations of the Workin'-for-You-Scarf. It's easy enough to do while watching tv or whatever, and is a pretty, feminine alternative to what most people think of when they think of a crocheted scarf.

Latest version of the Workin'-for-You Scarf, in Kool Aid dyed yarn.

I'm also working on a pair of Fingerless Street Mitts for my Sunday School teacher, and a Gidget Bucket Hat for V. (Pictures to come, as I finish them.)

In spite of what would appear to be a book aimed at really young girls, I found several really solid patterns in this one. If you're looking for cute easy projects, I'd recommend it.

Disclosure: I received nothing from the author, or publisher, or anyone else, in exchange for this review. I'm recommending it based on my own positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment