Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WFMW: Audio Books

This week I thought I'd share something that's been working for our whole family: audio books.

A couple of weeks ago, I turned L onto the idea of listening to audio versions of the Magic Treehouse series while he's in bed at night. He's really something of an insomniac, and we've had a lot of trouble with him sneaking out of bed and playing at all hours of the night, but this has seemed to help. He also isn't complaining as much about being lonely or scared at bedtime.  He's thoroughly enjoying the stories, and I think I've rekindled his interest in actually reading the books together, which we've done off and on.

I also picked up a cassette version (I know, old school,) of  an audio Bible at Goodwill a while back. I've been listening to it while I do housework during the day, and L has requested to listen to it during meals. I consider this one a win for the whole family, and maybe the best 8 bucks I've spent in a while. 

Audio books are working for us. For more WFMW posts, head over to www.wearethatfamily.com. 

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE audio books. I live by them. Now we listen to Little HOuse in the car, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have been thinking about downloading some books onto my iphone for boys to listen to while in the car.. Thanks for the nudge - maybe I'll get it done now..
    BlessingS
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/9ZjoY1

    ReplyDelete