Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gardening 2011



Where have the last few months gone? We had big plans to plant another large garden this year, but with all of the stuff going on here in the background here lately, we haven't made much progress.

I've resigned myself to a more small scale effort this year. A few plants here and there in the flower beds, and some container gardening will probably have to do.

So far I've got a few green bean planted in the flower bed, along with a cucumber plant and some flowers.

Beans, and uh, some grass I need to pull.


We've got a tomato plant in a pot which already has a tomato in it. Last year we planted about a dozen tomato plants in the garden, and and harvested exactly zero tomatoes, so we're already ahead in that department. (No idea what happened last year, huge plants, with no tomatoes.)

Tomato plant and Marigolds.


I've got peppers, more beans, cucumbers, and squash seedlings ready to be planted as soon as I get a chance.

Seedlings to transplant.


I've also got the obligatory Petunias everywhere. My mom always had them. Now I do too.



What are you planting this year?

1 comment:

  1. looks like you got some great stuff growing. It has just gotten warm enough at night to garden here. I need to get busy

    ReplyDelete