Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Best Fudge Ever

One of my mom's signature holiday treats is good, old fashioned, calorie laden, chocolate fudge. Friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers have eagerly awaited it's arrival at Christmas time for years. (To accommodate the demand, mom used to make it in nine pound batches.) It's seriously good.

I've discovered something better though.

Birthday Cake Fudge

Birthday cake fudge. It's heavenly. I whipped up a batch of it for Father's Day, and let's just say I ate a lot, too much, a near fatal amount of it. 

You'll find the recipe at Mrs Bettie Rocker, who apparently found it at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

It easy to make, (as evidenced by the fact that even I could do it.) It's also neat because you can color it to match what ever holiday or party color scheme is appropriate. 

I'll be making some more for Christmas, (and dreaming about it until then.)

By the way, I originally ran across the recipe via Pinterest, which I've already gushed about. If you haven't joined yet, go do it, and be prepared to be blown away by all the neat ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment