Thursday, June 30, 2011

We're home!

We're back from visiting my mom and step dad in Oklahoma. The kids were surprisingly good during the 10+ hours on the car. Their good behavior was facilitated in part by lots of Magic Tree House audio books, crayons and paper and a "desk," (a metal cookie sheet from the dollar store,) and tons of snacks.

We spent a couple of days just hanging out. My mom recently got some old pictures from her cousin, and was anxious to show them to me. (Mom's house burned down when she was a kid, and they lost most of their pictures.) 

My maternal great grandparents.
The kids played outside in the kiddie pool, my step dad burned some steaks, and we got to see various aunts, uncles, and cousins. 

We also came home with a little souvenir...


She showed up as a stray at mom's house about a year ago. The kids adore her, and so far she's fitting in great. (She doesn't even seem fazed by all the noise and activity here.)

I'm glad to be home, and looking forward to getting back to our normal routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment