Friday, July 22, 2011

Recycled Pajamas

When V was about a year and a half old, I scored her some cool Yo Gabba Gabba pajamas, which she loved and happily wore until the sleeves became too tight, and the pants too short.
I had put them aside, in my ginormous stash of "things I'm going to make into something else-someday," and never gave them a second thought.
I've been doing some decluttering though, and I ran across them the other day. V saw them, and started pitching a fit because she wanted to wear them.
I cut the arms and legs off, making a pair of summer jammies, which fit surprisingly well.

Recycled Yo Gabba Gabba pajamas.

She was so excited.

Now I'm thinking this is a pretty good way to get an extra season of wear out of knit winter pjs. The knit fabric doesn't ravel, so it's a no sew project.

No comments:

Post a Comment