Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crochet Slipper Tutorial

It's finally getting chilly here, and I pulled out V's old crocheted slippers, and used them as a pattern to make a new, slightly larger pair.

After I finished hers, I decided to make myself some, loosely based on hers. I love them. They're warm and soft, and fit nicely. (A side note here. I made mine out of wool yarn, which means I'll have to hand wash them. Acrylic yarn might not be as cozy , but it's machine washable. Life's full of trade offs, right? You could make them out of either.)

Crocheted slippers.
(Yes, I am as pale as that picture suggests. No, my feet are not as big as the picture suggests. In case you were wondering...)


Crochet slippers, side view.




I'm not much of a pattern writer, but I thought I'd share my notes, in case anyone else wanted to make some. I wear a size 8 or 8 1/2. It would be easy to add or subtract rows to make them a little larger or smaller though.

I used an H hook, and a double strand of WW yarn.

Chain 4, and slip stitch to make a ring.
Row 1: Make 12 double crochets in the ring. Slip stitch to join. Chain 3.
Row 2: Make 2 double crochets in each stitch. Slip stitch to join. Chain 3.
Row 3-10: Make 1 double crochet in each stitch around. Slip Stitch to join. Chain 3.
Row 11: Make 1 double crochet in each stitch, for a total of 21 stitches. Chain 3, and turn.
Row 12-15: Repeat row 11.
At the and of row 15, you'll be done with the body of the slipper. Sew or slip stitch the heel seam together, and do one row of single crochet around the ankle opening to finish.
Weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment