Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WFMW: Dollar Tree Organization

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love the Container Store, and places like it. The type A, OCD part of me really would like to have my whole house meticulously organized and labeled. Sometimes I like to go stores like that for inspiration so I can figure out a cheaper way to do the same thing, because I'm cheap...er...frugal.

Here are a few of my organization finds from the Dollar Tree.

We have these baskets all over the house now. They're roomy, portable, sturdy, and come in fun colors. (Incidentally, these green ones match the color we painted baby V's room exactly. Awesome, color, huh?) These three are holding Leap Pad cartridges, wooden puzzles, and Usborne catalogs. Elsewhere in the house, they hold train tracks, Legos, games, and toy food.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These fabric bins are everywhere these days. Target sells them in a whole slew of colors for 6 or 7 bucks, I think, but I picked these up for $1 a piece at Dollar Tree. They had several different sizes. Here you can see 3 that we are using to store school supplies and games, as well as the one above, which is large enough to hold our file folder games. This nifty compartmentalized one holds our everyday school supplies like crayons and glue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These plastic food containers are great for holding games and small puzzles. The cardboard boxes games and puzzles come in never last long around here anyway, and they take up a lot of space. These are compact, stackable, and clear, so you can see the contents.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For many more great WFMW tips, check out www.wearethatfamily.com.

6 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I'll have to hit up the Dollar Tree this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you-- love the organized look, hate the high price tags. I LOVE the Dollar Tree stuff! I haven't found those fabric bins at ours yet, but I might try to pop in there today and see if they have any. :)

    My WFMW tip today is about how I earn free stuff by doing my usual online searches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...I didn't know Dollar Tree carried those fabric bins!! I'll have to make a stop by there next time I'm in town!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an aspiring organizer! I want to be so badly but don't always know where to start. You have given me some great ideas for my girls small bedroom.

    I haven't been to the dollar tree in a while but I think I need to head there on Friday.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally have to go to the Dollar Tree tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete