Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WFMW: Organize your stuff

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Organization is a pretty big issue around here. We've accumulated a lot of educational "stuff", and we don't have a lot of room.
Aside from the storage issue, if I can't find something pretty easily, it tends to not get used.

I've recently gotten one little area organized, and I thought I would share. We purchased this cool little cabinet years ago from an estate sale. (Sorry about the crooked picture. :) )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Until recently, it just held a bunch of misplaced junk. I've re purposed it to hold a lot of our games, counting manipulatives, etc. I bought a bunch of plastic containers from Dollar Tree. The large ones for the sensory bins were a buck a piece, and the others came in packages of 2-4 for $1.
I printed some labels off from the computer, and labeled everything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Large games like Candyland were taken out of the boxes. The kids always beat up the boxes anyway. You can't really see in the pictures, but the game boards are stacked in the cabinet, while the pieces were stored in either the aforementioned plastic containers, or large ziplock bags. This saved A LOT of room over just stacking the boxes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm actually using a lot more of our stuff now, and it's easy to put things away when we're done.

Getting organized on the cheap works for me. For more great WFWM posts, check out the Linky at We Are That Family.

Organize and Decorate Everything

4 comments:

  1. What would we do without Ziplocs and label makers, LOL? Your cabinet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love label makers. Boxes look so much nicer when it is clear what is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas. I love all the little containers for the small items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using labels. Everything looks so great and organized now. Great job. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. I hope to see you again next party. Happy Organizing!

    ReplyDelete