Thursday, June 3, 2010

COVERGIRL Shineblast and Shadowblast Reviews

As a member of Bzz Agent, I was recently sent several new COVERGIRL products to try out. I was excited to try out some new makeup, and break out of my recent chapstick and mascara rut. Many years ago, before I had children, I was considered sort of a fashionista. These days not so much.
The first product I got to try was a tube of Shineblast Lip Gloss. I really like it. It was sparkly and shiny, and a subtle nude shade. It smells pleasantly fruity, and wasn't sticky. (Extra points for both of those attributes. I don't like overpowering, sickeningly sweet smells, or icky sticky texture.) I only wish the shade was printed on the tube, because I accidentally threw away the packaging, and now I can't tell you what color I have.
It comes in 16 shades, is available practically everywhere, and retails at around $7.49.

The other product I got to try was Smoky Shadowblast, a duo of creamy eyeshadows. My first impression upon taking it out of the box, was "Whoa! Those are bright." I got to try the Citrus Flair color combo, which I thought was going to be a medium shade of green, and a brownish color. It was in fact lime green and and a glittery coppery color. I tried them out, and the truth is, although I might not have initially chosen those colors for myself, I liked it after all. The texture was creamy and very blendable, meaning you could go very bold if you wanted to, or in my case, more subtle. Each color is labeled with a step. Step one has a rounded tip, and is the base color for shading the lid. Step two is tapered, and is the color to be used for lining the crease, and the upper and lower lid. This product comes in 6 color combinations, is also available nearly anywhere, and retails for around $7.99.


If you're looking for a fun, hip, affordable look this summer, check out these new COVERGIRL products.


You can check out a Youtube video of makeup artist Rebecca Restepo applying these products here. I thought of posting pictures of myself, and then thought better of it. I'm just not ready to share close up pictures of my crows feet with the world yet.

Thanks to Bzz Agent for hooking me up with another couple of cool products to sample. The opinions expressed are my own, and I did not receive any compensation for this review.

I was also sent some coupons to spread around, so if you're interested in trying these products, (or any other COVERGIRL products,) leave a comment here. The first 2 people to comment will receive 2 coupons for $2 off any COVERGIRL product. Please email me at iluvchrisnlevi AT aol DOT com, after leaving a comment, with your address, so I can mail them out to you.

No comments: