Saturday, June 5, 2010

Single Color Tie Dye

In direct contrast to my usual style, I've been doing some muted, single color tie dye lately. This is the super easy stuff that you learn to do at summer camp, but for some reason I'm really liking it right now.


Here's a picture of some fabric I made. I really like the color, but haven't decided what to make with it yet.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I also made a set of pillowcases for our bed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The fold it, tie it, throw it in a bucket of dye method is a lot less messy than the multicolor direct application method. That's definitely a plus too.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I want to get into batiking- I have everything to do it (except the time...)Do you have a link for your etsy store. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've thought about batiking. I have lots of old inspring books from the 70's about it. The truth is that I probably lack at least three needed attributes:
    ability to draw
    steady hands
    & patience
    :)
    I'd love to see it if you the plunge though. I've actually had my Etsy shop in vacation mode for ages, but I'll work on getting it back up and running in the next couple of days. I'll make an announcement here when I do. Thanks for the interest, and the comment.

    ReplyDelete