Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another Charity Project for Knitters and Crocheters

By now you've probably heard about Kristin, at We are That Family's latest project, Mercy House. (If you haven't heard of it yet, go read about it. I'll wait. )
There are lots of ways to support this effort, including monetary donations, merchandise donations to the Mercy House Etsy shop, and prayer.
Kristin also put out a call on Twitter a while back for knitters and crocheters to start making baby hats and blankets to donate to the cause. I worked up a few things to send, and wanted to take the opportunity to encourage you to do the same. (I meant to take pictures before I mailed my package, but I forgot. Oops.)
Baby hats and simple blankets are easy to work on while you're watching tv in the evenings. (That's when I work on mine.) If you're looking for something to keep your hands busy this fall, this would be a blessing to some new mommies and babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment