Friday, October 22, 2010

Homeschool Wrap Up: Halloween

This week we did sort of an anything goes Halloween unit. Here are some of our theme related activities:

The kids finger painted some bats. Finger painting is still one of L's least favorite things to do, but we've made some progress in the he will participate, (with some coaxing.) This time, he even seemed to be enjoying himself a little once he got into it.


V, as usual, ended up with at least as much paint on her body as she did the paper. That kid loves paint.




After seeing several Halloween themed sensory bins around the web lately, I constructed this one, full of bugs, and bats, and other "spooky" stuff. After the initial novelty wore off, the kids didn't play with it much. I confess, it didn't seem all that interesting to me either. As they say on Twitter, it was a #fail. I may lay off the sensory bins for a bit, and reintroduce them later.



L spent a good bit of time playing with the ghost games I made last year. (If I could add any info to last year's post, it would be that if you're going to go to the trouble to make something like this, you should definitely laminate them. V kept trying to peel the stickers off.) I'm sorry to say that I didn't save a copy of these last year to pass along. In the future, I'll be sure to.



V had some fun with Halloween stickers. I'm going to call that practicing fine motor skills. ;)



Below you'll find some of the resources we used and enjoyed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment