Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DIY Brobee Stamp

I finally finished mounting some of the stamps I carved several weeks ago. Here's one of my favorites, Brobee, from Yo Gabba Gabba.
Although I'm not good at drawing, I hand sketched a picture of Brobee in two parts, one stamp for his head, and another for his facial features. The slightly wonky effect reminds me of the illustrations and costuming on the show...quirky and fun, but not quite perfect.

Hand carved Brobee stamp.


(All I could find at this late hour was a red ink pad, but you get the idea...)

V loves it. I haven't tried stamping on fabric yet, but I think a hand stamped, Yo Gabba Gabba tote bag, or pillowcase is in her future...

1 comment:

  1. brobee is my daughter's favorite thing! in. the. world. seriously. she would love this!

    ReplyDelete