Monday, February 27, 2012

Projector Crafting, Seuss Style

Cat in the Hat decoration for our Seuss party.


I ran across an old projector at Goodwill a couple of months ago, and couldn't pass it up.

I've successfully made a couple of cool t shirts for the kids, by using it as a light table. (I printed off Pokemon and Sesame street coloring sheets, placed them on the projector, placed a t shirt over the picture, and traced it with a Sharpie or fabric marker.)

V's birthday is coming up next month, and I thought I'd try my hand at making some large decorations for the party. She's having a Dr Seuss themed party.

Green Eggs and Ham


I traced some images from our favorite Dr Seuss books, (excepting the hat above, which came from here,) and onto clear plastic, and projected them onto foam core and poster board, and traced and colored them. A little time consuming maybe, but easy and the results are fun.


Thing 1 sign. Lettering to be added later.
I think I'll get my 25 bucks worth out of the projector. It has lots of crafting potential.

2 comments:

  1. wow those are wonderful!!! we are having a lorax party wish I had a projector now.

    can't wait see and read more about your Dr Seuss party

    ReplyDelete